Dinagat province becomes coronavirus-free after recovery of 2 last patients

The island-province wiped its COVID-19 slate clean with the recovery of last two remaining COVID-19 patients. COURIER FILE PHOTO


The province of Dinagat is now free of coronavirus after the last two COVID-19 patients recovered from the virus.

Provincial Information Officer Jeff Crisostomo said the two patients tested negative in confirmatory tests and were discharged from the province’s care and containment center on Monday (Oct. 19).

The two recuperated patients are from San Jose, the provincial capital, and Libjo town.

With all 13 patients now fully recovered, the island-province is now considered to be coronavirus-free, Crisostomo said.

As of Oct. 19, Dinagat has zero active cases, a record that it had held for six months since the pandemic started until it reported its first case in August.

Saying the virus remains a threat, Crisostomo, however, cautioned Dinagatnons not to be complacent.

He reiterated the need for people to strictly observe all health protocols like wearing a mask, physical distancing, and frequent hand washing, among others, to contain the spread of the virus.

“Let us continue to support each other in ensuring the prevention of COVID-19 infection in Dinagat Islands,” he said.

“So far, there is still no local transmission in our province, which we can only maintain if we sustain our collective efforts,” he added. CLC

  • 274
  •  
  •  
  •  
    274
    Shares
  •  
    274
    Shares
  • 274
  •  
  •  

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


TOP