A suspected COVID-19 carrier in Caraga, who recently died in Surigao City, was found negative for the disease, according to health officials .
Dr. Jose Llacuna Jr., the Department of Health (DOH) regional director, said on Thursday that the 23-year-old man, branded as P9COV, tested negative for COVID-19 seven days after his death last March 26.
The test results were known on Monday (April 2) as relayed by the Southern Philippines Medical Center (SPMC).
According to Llacuna, the dead person who had a history of travel “outside Caraga,” had been suffering from chronic kidney disease.
“Official result of the SPMC with the COVID-19 swab test of the patient is negative,” Llacuna said in his virtual press conference.
“Officially up to today, Caraga has no positive COVID-19,” he added.
Llacuna likewise assured that the region “can surpass ” the virus as the government and other stakeholders are prepared to address the public health emergency.
“I cannot overemphasize the determination of our local chief executives and all the stakeholders who took part in this journey against COVID-19. We still have a long way to go but I am faithful that we can surpass this because we are united. Buckle up Caraga, we will win this fight,” he said.
At present, Caraga has nine PUI under watch, two of whom remains confined at the Caraga Regional Hospital in Surigao City. CLC