First 2 months of ‘Double Barrel, Reloaded’: 3 Caraganons dead, 235 surrenderers

 

By Ben Serrano

The implementation so far of the PNP’s antinarcotics crackdown all over Caraga region was “less bloody”. Contributed photo

Since the resumption of the Oplan Double Barrel Reloaded , a total of three drug personalities have been killed, 235 others surrendered while 149 arrested, record from the Regional Anti-Illegal Drug Monitoring Center from March 1 to April 28, 2017 showed.

Caraga police director Chief Supt. Rolando Felix said more drug enforcement operations will be conducted region-wide to help clear the drug-affected barangays.

“There will be no let-up in our campaign against illegal drugs in the region”, says Felix.

Last Wednesday, Agusan del Sur Drug Enforcement Units simultaneously swooped down on five residences in Barangay Consuelo, Bunawan town that resulted in the arrest of two drug personalities and confiscation of P177,000.00 worth of shabu.

Operatives collared Jaime Lantecse who yielded six sachets of shabu weighing 2.5 grams valued at P29,500.00.

Police also recovered three grams of shabu with estimated street value of P35,400.00 from Agapito Roa, Jr., who was also arrested during the raid.

Antonio Al-ag, escaped from the authorities but 28 sachets of shabu with estimated street value of P59,000.00 and drug paraphernalia were seized in his house.

Four sachets of shabu with estimated weight of 2.5 grams valued at P29,500.00 were recovered from the house of Jorge Rosales who evaded the arrest.

At the house of Roberto Perez, cops recovered five sachets of shabu with estimated street value of P23,600.00. He was not around during the drug sting.

The arrested suspects are facing charges for violation of the Comprehensive Dangerous Drug Act.

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


TOP