Fire caused by unattended cooking razes 33 houses in Butuan

At least 33 houses were destroyed when fire struck a densely populated area in Barangay Fort Poyohon, Butuan City on Sunday afternoon. Contributed photo

A fire caused by unattended cooking razed 33 houses in a residential area in Fort Poyohon in Butuan City on Sunday afternoon.

The fire which started at 3:30 p.m. in the interior portion of Purok 7 left 199 persons from 47 families homeless.

The blaze quickly spread to nearby houses which were made of easily-combustible materials.

The Butuan City Fire Station said the blaze started in the kitchen of a certain Sheila Mosi.  

The burning neighborhood area was very congested, but firemen passing through access roads were able to put the blaze under control after more than two hours.

The displaced families were given temporary shelter at the Fort Poyohon Covered Court. By CLC

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


TOP