The Department of Health (DOH) in Caraga on Sunday announced that five more patients being watched for novel coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) have tested negative for the viral infection.
This brings the number of patients who tested negative for the deadly virus in the region to 15, with 15 still awaiting lab test results.
Dr. Jose Llacuna Jr, DOH-Caraga chief, said although the region stays free of COVID-19, residents must “not be complacent” about the virus.
“Although results are favorable, this does not mean that we should be complacent. There is so much to do to halt the spread of this disease,” said Llacuna, in a live-streamed press conference Sunday noon.
Llacuna urged the public to always observe personal hygiene, like frequent hand washing and proper cough etiquette, to stop the spread of COVID-19.
“I urge everyone to continue to stay at home, maintain physical distancing, regularly wash hands, observe proper cough etiquette and adapt healthy habits to strengthen your defences against infection,” he added.
Llacuna also announced the number of persons under monitoring (PUMs), or those with no symptoms, have reached 6,975 in the region’s different cities and provinces.
At least 3758 PUM had already completed the 14-day quarantine and showed no symptoms or signs of the disease. CLC